Font: Invalid Characters
Bumbala
2010-03-09 14:24:38 UTC
Hi experts,

As everybody knows escape characters from 0x00 to 0x20 are reserved by
system. I enumerate characters from 0x21 to 0xFF and display them in
my UI. However, for some fonts, some characters are displayed as
rectangles (or such) which I assume that they are invalid. Is there
any way to detect these invalid characters, so that I don't display
them in my UI.

Thank you.
Bumbala
2010-03-12 22:27:27 UTC
Post by Bumbala
Hi experts,
As everybody knows escape characters from 0x00 to 0x20 are reserved by
system. I enumerate characters from 0x21 to 0xFF and display them in
my UI. However, for some fonts, some characters are displayed as
rectangles (or such) which I assume that they are invalid. Is there
any way to detect these invalid characters, so that I don't display
them in my UI.
Thank you.
Looks like some interop with GetGlyphIndices did the trick.