2010-04-28 09:16:04 UTC
1. myVB6.exe plus aVB6.dll
2. myDOTNET.exe plus aVB6.dll
That is, both exe's use the dll (which is a COM component), with
"CreateObject" (late bound).
On my machine, both work. So everything must be correct (dll registered
On an other machine, only project 1 work. Project 2 runs, as far as the pure
.NET parts are concerned, but as soon as it comes to "CreateObject", then
the exception "Cannot create ActiveX component" happens. I can't get any
additional information, that makes it so difficult. What can be the cause of
Maybe I must add some additional infos:
- the myDOTNET.exe is as .NET 2.0 project
- on the other machine there is only .NET Framework 3.5 installed.
- my machine is Windows Vista business
- the other machine is Windows Server 2008